Monday, October 17, 2011

Checking it twice...

We finally picked a date & possible budget! I say finally like if we've been planning for years and it's only been about a week. LOL. I won't reveal the date until I come up with a location and possible venues. I found a check list online and it helps me go step by step of things that have to be done in the months ahead. And I'm always a last minute planner (I get it from my daddy), so this checklist is perfect for me to follow along with.

I already dabbled in some of the list. As far as getting a "Planner"....mmmmm... not feeling that. Plus that's extra funds that I don't think we'll need to spend. We also have friends and family members that are Photographers and could save money by hiring them, but the style of photography I want they don't do, not saying their work isn't great work cause it is. Just want my photos to be a different style. So, I know for a fact that's going to be a splurge on our part. Which I heard you should splurge on the Photographer and Videographer, you can never redo the day! I'll leave a future post for the type of photography I want.

With the engagement party I think we will have in February of next year, but I surely don't want to plan that. Hopefully my parents or our wedding party does... lol...  (hint to my wedding party :) )

16 to 9 months before  (highlighted complete)

  • Start a wedding folder or binder/blog. Begin leafing through bridal, lifestyle, fashion, gardening, design, and food magazines for inspiration.  
  • Work out your budget. Determine how much you have to spend, based on your families’ contributions and your own. 
  • Pick your wedding party. As soon as you’re engaged, people will start wondering who’s in.   
  • Start the guest list. Make a head count database to use throughout your planning process, with columns for contact info, RSVPs, gifts, and any other relevant information. (Want to keep costs low? It may be brutal, but the best way to do it is to reduce your guest list.)  
  • Hire a planner, if desired. A planner will have relationships with—and insights about—vendors. 
  • Reserve your date and venues. Decide whether to have separate locations for the ceremony and the reception, factoring in travel time between the two places. 
  • Book your officiant.  
  • Research photographers, bands, florists, and caterers. Keep their contact information in your binder. 
  • Throw an engagement party, if you wish. But remember that your invitees should be on your wedding guest list as well.

You can find the rest of the checklist for the closer months here.

No comments: